Fall Harvest Buddha Bowl
Lunch or Dinner
About this Recipe
You can not really mess up a Buddha bowl.
No Quinoa? Make rice.
If you don’t have all the veg on hand make do with what you do have.
The point is to use fall’s bounty!
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large Sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, cut into halves
- 2 cups Cauliflower or broccoli cut into smaller little nuggets
- 1 Delicata squash, cut into rings
- 2 cups washed and deveined kale leaves
- 2 radishes
- 1 avocado
- Sesame seeds
- Pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 tbsp White Miso
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 Fresh squeezed lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch Chili flakes (optional)
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
The Steps to Take
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Blend ingredients for the Miso Maple Dressing in a small high powered blender or add ingredients to a small mason jar and shake it until well mixed. Set aside.
Take some olive oil and pour a little in your hand. Massage those beautiful veggies and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Top rack. Bake for 20 min or until just starting to brown. Set aside.
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Then set aside.
Tear kale into small bite sized pieces. Chop radishes finely. Cube avocado. Set aside.
Build Your Bowl: Take individual bowls and fill each with quinoa. Then add kale leaves, sweet potato, squash, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Drizzle dressing over the quinoa and roasted veggies. Now add radishes and avocado on top and sprinkle with sesame and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle more dressing if you want even more deliciousness.
Get the Latest Recipes!
Get cookin’ with recipes straight to your in box.